Friday, February 06, 2015

Nashville Day

Lee Ann Womack & Group; Richard Thompson; members of Blackberry Smoke

I work in a great place.  Today we were treated to an acoustic concert in the HBO lobby, featuring Lee Ann Womack, Richard Thompson and members of Blackberry Smoke.  Every year, just before the Grammys, we're lucky enough to hear some of the finest roots music live.
I must say, Richard Thompson's guit-astic playing brought down the house!  It was great seeing Richard's wife, Nancy Covey.  Larry and I toured Southern Louisiana with Nancy this past May.  She runs Festival International Tours.  Her next excursion is to Cuba!

Richard Thompson.  Photo by Chuck Taggart
Lee Ann Womack

Blackberry Smoke

DJ's Gary Calamar and Chuck Taggart were in the audience

Richard and Nancy

Previous concert links are here and here
Have a great weekend, my friends.  Don't forget to create or buy your sweetie a Valentine's Day card for next Saturday!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM PST, Blogger Fredde Duke said...

I try to post all the time here and it never lets me but I'll try again. Hello to Richard and Nancy -- my neighbors!! And my ride for Barnaby to Malibu way back when.

 
At 4:31 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hah! Small world, Fredde! I've known Nancy for about 25 years. I went on one of her New Orleans tours in 1990...that's when I met my husband, Larry! Larry and I went on Nancy's tour again this year. She's great. Richard T. was amazing today. What a fantastic musician!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery