Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It Must Be Spring

Jacaranda Trees on South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles

The jacaranda trees are starting to bloom in my neighborhood.  It must be Spring! I do think our drought has shortened the foliage time of these lovely trees. Only a few have bloomed on our block. 


I love those purple flowers, especially when they form a canopy over the streets.  I do not like it when those sticky, purple flowers fall on my car. Oh well. One must suffer for beauty.

This has brought my attention to purple yarn.  I have lots of it in my stash. Time to figure out what to crochet and/or knit with these beauties!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

By coincidence, I saw Huell Howser's 'Jacaranda' episode of California's Gold just last evening. Your blog entry echoed all of his sentiments about these extraordinary trees. A sad moment, watching the show, as I had already read that it was the last episode filmed prior to his death. He spoke with the minister of his church, the latter quoting Einstein: "You can be one of two kinds of people: Those who see everything as miraculous…or not." A tidy eulogy, perhaps unintentionally so, for Howser himself. Beautiful post, Ellen.

 
At 3:29 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thank you so much, Richard. Huell certainly did cover all of the interesting aspects of California. RIP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery