Friday, May 08, 2015

Those Gloves

Daenerys Targaryen's Baby Dragon Figurines


Remember? Last month I wrote about the yarny fashions inspired by the HBO Series, "Game of Thrones."  Here's the post, to refresh your memory. I vowed to figure out how to make those Dragon Mitts that I saw on Mare Shop/Etsy
Mare Shop on Etsy, Dragon Gloves

I figured out a pattern resembling those mitts!  The only difference, I ended up positioning the dragon scales in the opposite direction.  I also added thumbs. Next pair, I will reverse the direction!
Ellen's Dragon Mitts

I used a slightly thicker yarn than the Etsy version, so I did not have as many scales across each glove.  The yarn I used is Red Heart's Boutique Treasure in the Blue/Green Mosaic colorway, size "G" crochet hook. I chose this yarn because it self-stripes. I do love the color variations in the "scales."
My friend, Bebe, LOVES these mitts. I made this pair for her. I hope she likes them!

Daenerys Targaryen and her Baby Dragon on "Game of Thrones"

Mixing my pop-culture references! Too bad those dragons did NOT live long and prosper.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

These are brilliant!!

 
At 9:24 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much, Nadia! I just love the colors too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery