Thursday, June 04, 2015

Project ADHD

The perfect between-project project: Cotton Washcloths

I have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) concerning my yarny projects. I start something big and then lose interest. Sometimes, the yarn is not behaving correctly. Maybe the yarn color isn't living up to my expectations. The pattern may be too mind-dulling to continue. How many projects have you started and stopped? How many tote bags-full of unfinished projects (UFOs) do you have? I have MANY.
Potholders are great hostess gifts!

Lately, I've been sticking to smaller projects, things I can complete in a few hours or less than a week. I'm big on coasters, potholders, washcloths, soap coats, shawls, fingerless mitts and scarves. I have been working on an afghan, but this is really just a series of small squares.

Hat
Cotton Drink Coasters
Quick Shawlette

Lacy Scarf

Soap Coat for Bathing and Scrubbing

Fingerless Mitts

Last night, I worked up a few yarnmulkes or kippahs or skull-caps...a head-covering worn by Jews at times of prayer.  My friend, Shayne is crocheting a bunch of these for her niece's upcoming Bat Mitzvah. I thought I'd look at a few patterns and see what I could come up with that would be quick but effective. 
Yarmulke




Naturally, this distracted me from other projects I'd started. I like diversions.  My next diversion should be to organize my yarn stash. I really should get rid of some of the yarn clutter in my house. THEN, I might figure out my next BIG project.
Specs for all projects pictured may be found on my Ravelry project page.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery