Friday, January 08, 2016

Happy Birthday Elvis!

This bears repeating: My blog-post from 2014.
Priscilla and Elvis in Beverly Hills, 1967

Today is Elvis Presley's 81st birthday.  Happy Birthday to the King.  In 1967 Elvis and Priscilla purchased a home in Beverly Hills.  The address was 1174 North Hillcrest Road, Trousdale Estates.  Hey!  I was living down the block at the same time.....waaaaay down the block at Hillcrest Road and Carmelita.  I didn't even know that Elvis lived in Trousdale.  Back then, Elvis wasn't exactly popular with my crowd.  We were more interested in the Beatles and Rolling Stones.  I always appreciated Elvis' musicality and performance style, but it wasn't until after he passed away that I truly realized his magic.
1174 North Hillcrest Road, Beverly Hills. This home sold in 2014 for $14.5 million!
Elvis' Home, Photo by Max Eckert

I've always admired those faboo mid-century modern and especially Regency style homes in beautiful Trousdale Estates! Watch for Steven Price's upcoming book all about the architecture and development of Trousdale, "Over the Top, the Architectural History of Trousdale Estates."
Happy Birthday, Handsome


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery