Friday, February 19, 2016

Almost the Same


Venice & Motor, 1941

I found this photograph dated 1941 in the archives of Security Pacific National Bank. This was during a flood in the Palms area of Los Angeles at the corner of Venice Boulevard and Motor Avenue. The building with the columns is the Palms U.S. Post Office. There are various stores in the building next to the Post Office. Click on the photo to make larger.
These buildings are STILL there! They have been joined together to form the Surplus Store, at this location since 1978. Although the buildings do not look as elegant as they once did, I am amazed in this City of re-invention that this building still stands.

Venice & Motor, 2016
As I drive around Los Angeles I like to really look at locations and see if I can figure out when the buildings were built. So much of my area was developed during the 1920s and 1930s. I love it when these sturdy old buildings are still standing. 
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. Look around!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery