Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Hooked on Sandwiches

Tawashi Sandwich with "SPAM"

Sorry for the title pun, but I cannot seem to stop crocheting sandwiches. After crocheting my first sandwich in acrylic yarn, I came to the realization that each slice of the sandwich, including the bread, was about the size of a scrubbie or Tawashi. The definition of TAWASHI is "a Japanese popular scrubbing brush to wash off dirt."  This is also a popular item to knit and/or crochet, usually with cotton yarn in a shape such as a flower or geometric configuration, and small enough to fit easily into your hand for scrubbing dishes, your body or anything else you want to clean.
I made another sandwich in crochet cotton and I am calling it Tawashi Sandwich! I added a slice of SPAM to this sandwich for added color and texture. There are no calories in this sandwich, but lots of fiber! I shall pair the Tawashi Sandwich with some delicious smelling soap to give as a tasty gift!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:58 PM PDT, Blogger Lenora said...

Love it! Great humor.

 
At 5:15 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

THanks, Lenora! Next up, bobbly cherry pie!

 
At 3:07 AM PDT, Blogger prsc said...

Nice Nutritionals Label!

 
At 3:07 AM PDT, Blogger prsc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:46 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Phil! I wanted to be sure to include that this sandwich contained 100% FIBER! Hahahahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery