Friday, April 22, 2016

Purple in the Air


It seems that the jacaranda trees of Los Angeles are blooming in acknowledgement of the death of Prince, often called the Purple Prince. Yesterday, when I looked up at our blooming jacaranda tree, I thought, how appropriate...nature is sending a tribute to Prince on the day of his death. I was saddened by the news of Prince's death at the young age of 57. He had so much more music to make. I never did see one of his shows in person, even though there was ample opportunity in Los Angeles to experience his music live. 
Jacaranda Trees on South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles

Prince's music always came as a surprise. He could reach back into old-school blues, R&B, funk and make it sound current and new. Visually, he was fresh and surprising and whenever I came across one of his performances on TV, I always stopped to watch and listen. Prince was the perfect fusion artist for our generation. RIP Purple Prince.

Why did Prince like purple and make it his signature color?  There are many theories. No matter which theory you like the best, from now on, every year when the jacaranda trees bloom on our street they will remind me of Prince.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM PDT, Blogger Lizzy Tex Borden said...

What a beautiful tribute. Rest in Peace Prince.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery