Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Road Projects

Just before a trip, I must give careful consideration as to which yarny project to take along with me. Shall I finish a WIP (Work In Progress), start something new, knit or crochet? These are important questions for the crocheter and/or knitter on the go. Since we're driving and not flying, I can take a few more selections with me.
I'm still working on my Noro-Brigo Cardigan. I know I'll love this cardi when it's done, but it's at the point now where I have to keep trying it on to see if the length is correct. NOT good for car knitting.
The Noro-Brigo Cardigan, WIP
The El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Guild has challenged it's members with a contest. It's called the Two-Ball Challenge. The Guild supplies us with two balls of worsted weight wool. One color is a neutral, the other color is brighter. We are allowed to add just ONE more ball of yarn to the mix and come up with a finished product. I figured, in order to get more colors to use, I'd add a ball of self-striping yarn. Lion Brand just came out with self-striping yarn in multiple colors. The yardage is huge, enough for one entire shawl. It's called "Shawl in a Ball." I'm adding this skein to my project and we'll see what I can come up with. I have an idea of what I'm going to crochet. I plan on working on this project while on vacation.
The Two-Ball Challenge with my extra ball of glitz!
I know I'll want to work on something else while on the road. I picked up two more skeins of "Shawl in a Ball" yarn in turquoise tones. I plan on making a modular, L-shaped Ruana-type shawl with this yarn.
Yarn for the L-Shaped, Modular Shawl
Northern California, Oregon and Washington are all yarny states. I'm sure there will be a bit of yarn shopping along the way!



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery