Monday, July 17, 2017

The B-Day Celebrations Begin!

The former Beverly Carlton Hotel, now The Avalon

Yesterday, Larry hosted a small pre-birthday brunch for me at Viviane, The Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills.  It was SO lovely! Just a few of my besties were there: Joan, Darcy, Natalie, Brit, Mary Jo, Rhoda and Roz. 
I love this hotel so much! I used to walk by it every day on my way to and from elementary school. During those years it was called the Beverly Carlton Hotel. I remember a few scenes from Lucy's and Desi's trip to Hollywood on the "I Love Lucy" show filmed at this hotel too. To me, this place is the perfect combination of 1950s Palm Springs swanky and current hipster-chic. I'm so happy that the Avalon group turned this place into what it should have been all along, including Kelly Wearstler's fab interior decor!
L-R: Joan, Darcy, Natalie, Brit, Mary Jo, Ellen, Rhoda, Roz
Eggs Benedict

Breakfast Sandwich

Egg White Fritatta

Steak Salad
Yummy Chocolate Cake from Normandie Bakery

Look at that POOL!

Ellen, Mary Jo. Darcy, Natalie and Brit
Thank you, Larry Darling, for a wonderful celebration!

The Beverly Carlton Hotel, 1953

To see MORE PICTURES of my fab party, click on this LINK

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM PDT, Blogger ken bloom said...

Looks liek a swell party, Ell. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know you are going to enjoy this week a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery