Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Quarantined Geezers


Yes, Larry and I are seniors. I always thought of my folks as senior citizens, NOT us! Time marches on. We have to get used to it. Mayor Garcetti suggested that all seniors (65 and over) stay inside and practice social distancing. There will be no gatherings in public places, restaurants, bars, etc.
I'm the scheduler for two stitch 'n bitch groups, The Ocean Park Fiber Artists at the Coffee Bean in Santa Monica and the West Hollywood SnB at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax. Both groups are postponed until further notice.

The saddest of all for me was when I heard that ALL of my ukulele classes were cancelled. First, the Culver City Senior Center closed, so no CC Strummer classes on Mondays and Thursdays with Cali Rose at Vet's Auditorium. Cali also teaches our Ongoing Ukulele Workshop at Boulevard Music in Culver City. No classes until further notice.
The CC Strummers are a LARGE group!
I Will Miss My Ukulele Workshop Peeps!
Luckily, I can practice my hobbies at home. Alone. I am a very social person. I will truly miss meeting with my various groups!  My ukulele friends have started posting online videos, playing songs from our CC Strummers Songbook. This is great. We can all play along. It's not the same as playing in person, but at least it will keep our ohana (family) connected!  I recorded "Raining in My Heart," made popular by Buddy Holly. See below.

It truly is raining in my heart. I will miss seeing all of you in person, but look forward to convening online! So long for now, my friends.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM PST, Anonymous R Gelard said...

Hi great reading your poost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery