Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Mask Dilemma

Purchased Disposable Surgical Masks 
Do we want to stay safe or do we want to be stylish? That is the question. How about BOTH? 
Since this pandemic is going to last a long time and the wearing of masks will be with us for awhile, Larry and I purchased a box of surgical masks. They are light-weight, fairly comfortable to wear and make us look like essential workers at the grocery store. They are fine. HOWEVER, there are circumstances when you want to dress up a bit and have some fun.
I've been experimenting with various crocheted face masks.  Naturally, a crocheted mask needs to have a liner so the germs don't get inside. This is accomplished by placing a folded paper towel or a coffee filter inside the mask. This works pretty well.
My friend Suzette made a FAB crocheted mask with appliquéd lips on the front. WOW! I had to duplicate that! So, I crocheted another mask from this PATTERN. I found a random crochet lip pattern online and appliquéd it to my mask!
Suzette's Glamour Mask. It's Lip-Tastic!
Ellen's Crocheted Mask with Lip Appliqué
Boy oh boy! Did I get comments on that mask! It was a hit! Thanks for the prompt Suzette! 
WELL, after Mr. Larry saw our stylish masks he wanted one too, but with a mustache and/or goatee!  I checked out some mustache charts.
Mustache/Goatee Style Charts 

Crocheting a mustache is not all that easy, especially as an appliqué!  I tried a few different versions. The first one I made with a goatee attached just didn't come out well at all!
FAILED Goatee Version of Face Mask. Larry looks a bit like Hannibal Lecter here.
My next attempt was just to crochet the mustache. This worked out OK, but there is still room for improvement!
Larry's Straw Boater works well with this mask!
I shall continue my quest for the perfectly stylish and protective face mask!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:08 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

I love the lips mask, but is the crocheted mask too warm to wear? I sew the simple rectangle-with-folds mask and I found that one made with linen fabric works well for warmer days.

 
At 1:20 AM PDT, Blogger ireland assignment help said...

IrelandAssignments.ie is a reputable platform for students looking for assistance with their QQI assignments. The website has been in the business for many years and has a proven track record of delivering high-quality work to students. With a user-friendly interface and 24/7 customer support, this platform is a great choice for students in Ireland.

 
At 2:13 AM PDT, Blogger Malta Assignment Help said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:57 AM PDT, Blogger My Translation Services said...

Nice post
Looking for a reliable translation agency in UK? Look no further than My Translation Services. Our team of professional linguists provides accurate and efficient translation services for a wide range of industries and languages. From legal documents to marketing materials, we can help you communicate effectively with your global audience. With our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, you can trust us to handle all your translation needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business succeed on a global scale.

 
At 11:04 PM PDT, Blogger James Wilson said...

These masks were so amazing, they were no doubt a source of finding some fun even in that dark time of crisis, that Covid era is no doubt unforgettable and I would always remember that struggle we all been through, from small casual outings to work cycle of jobs, all were affected and we all could only spectate that horrible situation, I remember when I was not even able to go on my job and complete my assignments and had to avail the Glasgow Assignment Help from UK Assignment Service to complete my assignments on time. Thank God that era ended and we are back to normal life activities.

 
At 12:45 AM PDT, Anonymous peter kane said...

These masks are very unique! I would love to have one. I remember that Covid-19 era, when we used to wear masks on a daily basis but those boring surgical masks. At that time I seeked help from online class help for my online accounting classes because of limited internet connection in my area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery