Monday, April 10, 2006

Flash Your Stash

We had a busy weekend...fun and fast. Saturday was our once-a-month Stitch 'n Bitch at the Original Farmers Market. There were about 10 stitchers present...we had a good time. My cousins met me at noon at Monsieur Marcel for lunch. Monsieur Marcel is a lovely little French restaurant right inside the Farmers Market. It's quite charming and the food is divine. There's also a gourmet mini-market next to the restaurant. We had such a good lunch....see photos of escargot and asparagus soup; French pizza; chicken with vegies and cheeeeeese; Croque Marcel.
Later that evening Larry and I went to a dinner party at Christine's and Michael's house in Burbank. Laa-dee-dah...quite faboo. Christine is a marvelous cook and we had tons o' fun!
I was surfing the knit and crochet blogs last week and came across a fun post by Deena. It was called "Flash Your Stash." All of these bloggers took photos of their yarn stash and posted them. It made me feel like part of a huge yarn-a-holics anonymous group. I'm not alone....I'm not the only one with huge amounts of yarn just sitting around! So, on Sunday, I took some photos of my stash. I only photographed a mini-portion of my yarn. I didn't want to appear too crazy!
Come on y'all, take the challenge and Flash Your Stash!!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:19 PM PDT, Blogger Bri Ana said...

I have heard rumours of your stash but never thought... Wow. That's so good to oggle.
Can't wait to check out the Saturday Sn'B next month and will hopefully see you on Thursday!

 
At 2:37 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Holy cow you've reallllllly got a huge stash! I would love to pour it all out into a pool and jump into it! Weeeeeeeee

 
At 4:21 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, please explain. Did you really photograh only a "mini-portion" of the stash? Is there more?!!! I have just one puny little bin...

 
At 4:28 PM PDT, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

HOLY MOLY!

ellen bloom has so much yarn.

i am shocked and awed.

well, not so much shocked.

 
At 10:15 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yes, Yes...I know...the amount of yarn that I have is ridiculous. My friend, Faith gave me this sticker that says "She who dies with the most yarn wins."

I win.

One of these days I will have the entire Los Angeles SnB Nation over to a yarn-extravaganza at my house. It's not quite time to de-stash yet!

 
At 12:52 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Ell - flashing your stash means that you are running the risk of someone submitting your name to Betty Ford's Yarn Addiction Center...LMAO

 
At 2:13 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not say it's a ridiculous amount...I would say it's an enviable amount.

 
At 7:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen! Your stash is so organized, I love it! I am crazy about the brightly dyed skein. Yummy :-) Thanks for the flash!

 
At 11:19 AM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Sweet fancy Moses that's some stash!! Woo hoo HOO!!!

 
At 3:47 PM PDT, Blogger gray la gran said...

i appreciate a good stash shot! thank goodness for plastic tubs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery