Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Will Try Again!

Second Attempt
Over the weekend I worked on my faux Ferragamo Bag. I think my first attempt at this beauty is just OK. I got carried away with the off-white knitted portion of the bag and I need to crochet a larger top, basket-weave, portion of the bag for proper balance. I ended up covering a Target-bought tote bag with copper leather-like handles. I particularly like the curly-cue tassles at the bottom of the bag.
For my second attempt, I'm going to make a smaller version of this bag using Bernat Cottontots for the knitted portion and some stash GGH Raffinesse for the crocheted basket-weave portion of the bag. I will persevere until I get this right! Hmmmm? Maybe $1,650 is a fair price for this purse, considering all of the attention and time I'm giving it!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen...your bag looks good, but the original looks like it was knitted on a larger needle. Maybe you should go up to a size 13 needle?

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:16 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

looks great to me ellen!

 
At 4:37 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Yeah, I love the bigger one too, more room to lose my keys in.

 
At 4:49 PM PST, Blogger Susan Wike said...

You'll get it. I have confidence! I'm trying to copy a bag that I saw in a Monterey Bay catalog...of course, inspired by your lead. Wish me luck!!

 
At 12:09 PM PST, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

you're so amazing. the second attempt looks great!

 
At 10:54 AM PST, Blogger Bri Ana said...

She came. She stitched. She conquered. It's a knittted coup de grace- take that Ferragamo!

 
At 3:30 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The second bag is going even slower than the first! I hope to finish it this weekend.

Hey Briana! I heard from your Mom. She sounds extremely cool!

 
At 6:21 AM PST, Anonymous i heart soccer jerseys said...

your version looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery