Friday, March 10, 2006

Orange Perfection

still life in orange
I love the color orange. Many of my art/painting friends call me Agent Orange because I use so much orange paint in my artwork. Crazy Auntie knows about this obsession of mine. Last year she did a tutorial on knitting loopy edges using the most gorgeous shade of orange wool. This tutorial ended up being a lovely orange scarf for moi! Even though Christmas was like 3 months ago, we only managed to see each other and trade gifts last night at the WeHo SnB at the Original Farmers Market.
I positively love, love, love my new scarf. This weekend we're supposed to have a cold snap here in Los Angeles...49 degrees during the day! Yikes! Being a native Angelina, I think that it's cold when it's about 68 degrees. I will definitely be wearing all of this orange goodness this weekend.
I hope Laurie liked the monkey scatter pins I gave her....along with a "Free to Stitch...Free to Bitch" button! She's always talkin' 'bout monkeys being ever-present in our daily lives. Now, she can wear that monkey on her collar!
I'll be at the Original Farmers Market again on Saturday for our once-a-month SnB. We start this group at 10am and continue talking endlessly about yarn until around noon-ish. Many of the ladies from Stitches From The Heart attend with their incredible baby hats, sweaters, blankets, etc. for donation to this worthwhile group. Even if it's raining, I'll be there!!! We meet in the upstairs dining area and it's fully covered....not exactly warm and cozy, but at least it's dry!
Have a marvelous weekend everyone!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM PST, Blogger Uccellina said...

I think I'll be there tomorrow. I just need to knit non-stop until I finish this stupid scarf. So. Ready. To be finished.

 
At 3:05 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Would love to joing but have an all day class. Booo hooo Stay dry and toasty!

 
At 3:47 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Also, that poodle ashtray looks so familiar. I want to say my Gram or aunt used to have something like it. I must investigate!

 
At 1:51 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I missed out on seeing monkey pins too?!?!! Dang. I'm gonna have to start checking my emails on the weekends. Still. It was pretty (too) cold. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery