Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yabba-Dabba-Doo!

Oy! Another Seraphina?
I just cannot seem to stop crocheting new and improved Seraphina Shawls! While I was at Stitches West in Santa Clara, Blue Moon Fiber Arts had a huge sock yarn booth. "Socks That Rock" is their motto. The yarn colorways are absolutely gorgeous. I bought 4 skeins at $15 each of the 100% superwash merino. That's 360 yards for $15 at the Stitches Market Place. Online, the same yarn sells for $19 per skein. The colorway I chose is not listed on their website. I love it. It's orange. It's called "Fred Flintstone." Yup! Sure looks like the town of Bedrock to me! You would almost swear that this yarn looks like Koigu...the texture is marvelous!
Thanks (or curses) to Drew for introducing me to Seraphina . This shawl looks equally great using a large hook and fat yarn to using a medium-sized hook and sock yarn. For my Flintstone Seraphina I'm using a size "H" crochet hook. Looks like I'll be using about 2 skeins of the Blue Moon yarn for this shawl. Hmmm? What on earth will I do with the other 2 skeins?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:56 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I love orange. You could wear this to the Bedrock City in Williams, Arizona!

 
At 1:40 PM PST, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Just gorgeous!!

 
At 10:04 AM PST, Blogger aija said...

I love the orange!! The STR booth was quite picked over when I got there (Sat morning), and you got a deal-- they were selling the skeins @ 18.50 for the lightweight when I was there! :)

Did I mention I love the orange! I wish they listed more of their colors on their site...

 
At 10:35 PM PDT, Blogger Donna said...

I'm digging the fiery orange! A great choice!
I'm desperately trying to work through this shawl...I feel like such a dunce because I'm just not getting the increases. Practice makes perfect I suppose...in any event, yours is stunning :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery