Thursday, March 23, 2006

Handbags 'R Us

Nancy's Passover Purse
Yes, I'm still working on my designer handbag knock-off...it's slow going. I hope to be posting a finished or almost-finished product sometime next week.
In the meantime, one of my friends asked if I would felt her up a quickie handbag using yarn that a relative sent her from New York. This certain relative will be visiting Nancy during Passover and expects to see her designer yarn transformed into a useful object. Nancy knits and crochets a little....mostly scarves. She's really busy and is NOT quite as obsessed as I am about yarn-stuff.
Nancy brought over this very nice wool variegated yarn...no label, but I knew it was wool. The yarn is pale grey, lavender, with a fleck of aqua. I added some dark grey wool to the mix to make her yarn go further. I ended up crocheting this cute little bag. It's basically a long rectangle, squared-off at one end and rounded at the other, then folded in half, I created a gusset and a handle at the same time on the sides, then threw it into the washing machine and waited for the felting magic to happen. After the purse ran thru the washer and dryer once, I added a closure and called it a day. Hopefully, Nancy will be pleased with the result....the Passover Purse!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yeah, and this probably took you all of what, 15 minutes? Including felting time? You *are* the Queen.

 
At 11:55 AM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Nancy will have a happy Purseover indeed!

 
At 3:02 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

How awesome is that purse???

Obsession is in understatement...

 
At 3:11 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Denise...the purse took about 6 hours to crochet, 1 to felt!

Darcy...you are a scream!

Regina...Talk about creative and awesome! I want EVERYONE to check out your faboo Mixed Grill Wrap, or as I call it the Meat Shawl on your blog today!!!
http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:02 AM PST, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

You did a fantastic job! Woo hoo HOO!!

So. Much. Talent.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery