Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cupcakes

Cupcakes from Buttercake Bakery in WLA
We have lots of birthday parties here at my corporate office. Hey! Corporate office stuff is boring, even if this is an entertainment business. So, we NEED cupcakes to make our day less tedious. The cupcake emporium of favor lately is Sprinkles in Beverly Hills. Another favorite is the Buttercake Bakery in West L.A. These are fancy, expensive cupcakes....$2.00 to $3.25 each, but they are delicious.
We used to celebrate office birthdays with cakes from Sweet Lady Jane's in West Hollywood. They make faboo, mile-high cakes that are totally delish. HOWEVER, since I'm the one that usually sets out the plates, napkins, forks, etc. for these little soirees, I usually end up doing the slicing of the cake too. I much prefer the tidy little cupcake that people can slice up themselves if they so desire. There's far less cleanup with cupcakes too.
I am declaring Wednesday, March 22nd CUPCAKE DAY. Bake up some for yourself or buy some at Sprinkles. Even a Hostess Cupcake will do! Have fun!
"Chocolate Hostess Cupcake" Oil Painting by Bonnie Case

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:05 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! One of our vendors brought Sprinkles cupcakes last week - I barely got a piece of a piece of one! They are so yummy!!! We get our cake from Hansens. By the time they are sliced up, easily half is mush. I like your idea much better.

 
At 12:13 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you take me back to my days at a local production company. We always got our birthday cakes from Sweet Lady Jane and I was always the one to cut the cake. One day I was not there for someone's b-day and everyone stood around frozen not knowing how to proceed.... Now we know cupcakes are the answer!! I have yet to try Sprinkles although I hear they are mighty divine.

 
At 1:49 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back at the studio we were one big happy family and the cakes would come from fancy places. Now that we are in S.M., and in our own little fiefdoms...it's up to the individual departments to do their own b-day thing. Our cake person gets them from COSTCO!!! And she takes up a collection to pay for them!!!!! (We really should hand back our entertainment company credentials. )

 
At 1:58 PM PST, Blogger Allison said...

Oh, I am so all about cupcakes! There is a fairly new place in Burbank on Magnolia called Yummy Cupcakes, pretty near the new Portos (also wonderful.)

 
At 2:05 PM PST, Blogger Nic said...

I love Sweet Lady Janes too, but for the budget conscious...OK, it's a bit hoody (they have a huge sign outside that says they accept food stamps) but a great cheap bakery is Kreme Krop in Inglewood on Manchester. For example, you can get a rich, pretty, chocolate cake for $3.. and ofcourse they have cupcakes. Huge yellow bldg. too.

 
At 2:13 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm mimi cakes!! I am so jealous! Uhh, you need anyone to tray pass those babies?!

 
At 3:14 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Allison's comment, I've driven past that Burbank place many times, and have intended to do "research" on it, now that I've completed same for Porto's. I'll have to peddle my bike over there this weekend! :)

 
At 3:45 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! Cupcakes REALLLLLY elicited a huge response! Gotta love those yummers.

Thanks for all the comments!

Jo Anne....do we know you? Intro please!

 
At 8:06 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

I had 2 donuts today--are those close enough to cupcakes, they had frosting...

 
At 9:46 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. Now craving cupcakes!!! Must bring cupcakes to SnB!!!

 
At 3:05 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Sprinkles rocks!

 
At 10:29 PM PST, Anonymous wolf said...

This is so chocolaty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery