Monday, August 07, 2006

Baby Bonnet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crocheted Baby Bonnet by Ellen
I had some time this weekend to crochet a bit. Ever since I saw Carla's adorable little baby bonnet, I've been obsessed with it. I found the pattern that Carla had been knitting online, called the Fan and Feather Baby Bonnet (scroll down for pattern). I have been knitting for way over 35 years. I've done intricate pattern stitches, cables, fair isle and instarsia knitting, etc. For some reason, I just could NOT get this pattern. I've knitted ripple patterns alot. The lovely Sara-1 even gave me a vintage ripple pattern book that I've used extensively. For some reason, after a few rows, I kept ending up with more stitches than the pattern called for Ugh! It must be that I've been crocheting more for the past few years than knitting. I've started to visualize patterns only in terms of crochet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Gracie Bea" Fan and Feather Bonnet by Carla

I SOOOO wanted to make this pattern, so I looked carefully at the photo and translated this pattern into crochet using, not a ripple pattern, but a shell-lace pattern. I think it came out nicely, but I'll have to ask Carla or Natalie for a tutorial so I can make the knitted version.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Amazing Flower Vase Baby Head with Bonnet

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:58 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen,

Your bonnet is lovely!
I love it! Another Ellen original for the books!!!

Natalie

 
At 8:57 AM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

Adorable! Love the flower vase baby head! The ribbon tie add such a sweet touch! (BTW I'm leaving for LA tomorrow, hope our yarn paths cross!!)

 
At 12:08 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the crochet version! Ellen, you're a crochet mad scientist! I'll bet your bonnet was super-fast, too.

It's so cute I can't stand it.

 
At 10:23 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

i cant find the pat or a video how to i have a hard time reading pat's ty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery