Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Saturday Yarn Purchases

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Top to Bottom:
Acrylic Blend, Multi, Orange Alpaca, Olive Green Alpaca

Hi. My name is Ellen and I'm a yarn-a-holic. Seriously. I have bins and bins and more bins of yarn at home. I knit and crochet LOTS of stuff. However, I don't think I'll ever use up ALL of my yarn, because I keep buying more. The colors, the texture, the fun of feeling the yarn slip through my fingers as I create a piece. It's all so darn addicting. My friend, Faith gave me a sticker that says, "She Who Dies With the Most Yarn Wins." I win.
I was at Jill's house bright and early on Saturday morning. Christine met me there. We walked into Jill's lovely living room, all set up with various displays of yarn. There were knitting needles (all size 9), crochet hooks (all size G), spools of alpaca, baskets of cotton, etc. etc. Everything was really reasonably priced! Jill is moving soon and wants to clear out as much as possible.
I bought some crochet hooks and some beautiful yarn....see below.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Olive Green Alpaca Spool, Coral Cotton Hanks


After the sale, Christine and I drove over to the Original Farmers Market for the once-a-month Saturday WeHo SnB meeting. We had a lovely breakfast and then met up with the rest of the stitchers in the upstairs dining area. Brandi, manager of the Stitches From The Heart shop in Santa Monica brought some gorgeous Koigu with her. Since I'm a yarn-a-holic, I couldn't resist the great price. Two skeins for $11. One skein of this stuff usually costs $12. I think Brandi just might have some more in stock. You should check it out! I'm hoping to make some groovy belts for some of my co-workers for holiday gifts with this yarn-a-licous fiber! Another one of my friends has a faboo belt design that I'm hoping to get a copy of.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yummy Koigu

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM PDT, Blogger Allison said...

Oh my that Koigu is delicious!

 
At 7:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My jaw just dropped at the price of that Koigu... great colors, too (aren't they all)!

 
At 6:23 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some great yarns! Woo hoo!

 
At 4:19 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wait - is Stitches going to carry Koigu now? Last time I was there, someone mentioned something about carrying sock yarn. . .

 
At 1:27 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Wow, Ellen, thanks for the tip. Heard I just missed you at Stitches this morning. I feel like I won the Kentucky Derby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery