Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quick Gift

Crocheted Slipper
Uh oh! The holiday season is approaching. Time to work on those knitted and crocheted Chanukah and Christmas gifts! I'm really tired of giving people scarves. Two years ago, I gave lots of people 100% cotton hand-crocheted washcloths with fancy soap. I called them "spa" cloths just so they'd sound laa-dee-dah. Everyone loved 'em. Last year I was into a Newsboy Hat frenzy. Everyone got a Newsboy or a rolled brim hat. The news is old. Time to think of something to replace the scarf, washcloth and hats.
I am making a few special gifts for my family. My brother (who supposedly UPS'd my custom-made ukulele yesterday) is getting a cardigan sweater vest in Cascade wool, tan-heather in color. My sister-in-law is getting a felted bag, purple, red and aqua (her fave colors). Not sure about Mr. Larry or my Mom. For the girls at the office, I thought I'd crochet them each one of those cool-looking 60's and 70's belts with some sort of chunky belt buckle. They're all the rage for skinny girls these days.
For everyone else, I came up with good ol' Grandma Crocheted Slippers!!! Who doesn't like slippers? The pattern is easy. All you have to do is knit or crochet a rectangle, sew it in the proper places, add a pom-pom or a flower and you're good to go!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Ellen,
I haven't forgotten your request for the crocheted beaded belt pattern. It will be ready in a couple of days. I'll e-mail you when it's done, if you still want it.
Ellene

 
At 9:38 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now everyone knows what their gifts are! I really like the idea of the washclothes with soap. I think I shall steal that one.

One of these nights I am going to come back to the FM although Thursday is my must see TV night even with TiVo. Culver City seems to have died.

-- Jo Anne

 
At 10:24 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Ellene! Yes! I'd LOVE to have your beaded belt recipe! I've got some skeins of Koigu hangin' around for the project. Thanks!

Jo Anne - Puleeeeze! I don't think any of my relatives reads my blog! They don't have a clue what I'm giving them this holiday season. Love to see you back at the F. Mkt. one of these Thursdays. We're having our Halloween Haunt Costume Party on 10/26...it's always great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery