Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Saturday Swap - SM

Swap Meet Salt & Pepper Shakers
This past Saturday, my Knitster Chix (Natalie, Carla, Darcy, Lori) came over to my house and we all piled into my NEW CAR and zoomed down to Santa Monica for the Swap Meet. This Swap happens on the first Saturday of every month at John Muir School, Lincoln Blvd., just south of Ocean Park Blvd., SM. Rhoda met us at the Swap.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Frankhoma Coffee Mugs
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Someone's sad ol' shoes for sale

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photo by Ana, (see Rhoda at left)

Ana gave me the darling "L.A." pin that I'm modeling!

We ran into Ana Banana and my neighbor Alex, along with a few other acquaintances. This is getting to be a very popular Swap Meet. What I like about this swap is that it's manageable...not too big....not to small. There are many good accessories booths, along with artwork, linens and handbags. There's usually a food booth and some live music too. All that, combined with the gorgeous weather on Saturday, made for a lovely morning.
After the swap. We drove up to Tacos Por Favor for lunch. All I have to say about our meal....yum. It's the best place for fresh Mexican food in Santa Monica.
I had heard about a new little yarn store in Santa Monica called Compatto Yarn Salon. It's on Wilshire Blvd., near 21st St. We lucked out, found a parking spot in front and sampled this shop. Very nice little shop, good selection of yarns, nice people. A few of us made some purchases, 'cause we all NEED MORE YARN.
It was a great Saturday, filled with fun, friends, tacos and SHOPPING!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

How Many Clown Paintings Do You Own?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

Let me know the next time you come up to Bakersfield. We have some GREAT swap meets up here too!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:05 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I love the crazy clown picture!!!! I know a few adult children that would be frightened of that - if you didn't buy it, I should. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery