Monday, March 19, 2007

B-Day Projects

Wool from Uruguay

Remember when I was talking about crocheting a purse for my friend, Rhoda? Well, I abandoned the granny square idea. For some reason, I just wasn't inspired. So, I looked in my stash and found this gorgeous redish wool that my boss brought me from Uruguay 2 years ago. I knitted up a simple bag, added an inside pocket with black wool and then crocheted a strap. After felting the bag (it didn't really shrink that much), I added a button, sewed up the inside pocket. I really like this bag and I know Rhoda will like it too!

Before Felting

I also crocheted a soft, pale rose-colored scarf for Rhoda's b-day. I added some dangling crocheted flowers on the ends. The yarn I used is very soft mystery acrylic, also from my stash.


OK...that's two little WIPs finished. Time to finish up a gazillion more!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 1:31 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the flower danglies!!!!

 
At 4:00 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

What a great friend you are. I love the scarf and flower danglies too.

 
At 4:12 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Great gifties! And add me to the thumbs up on the flower danglies list - your scarf is oh so girly and pretty.

 
At 5:20 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I'm lovin' the little flowers at the bottom! But I am in a flowery mood right now....

 
At 5:21 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You are KILLING me here!!! I can't even decide on what to do, and you FINISH TWO projects. Aurgh. LOVE the dangly bits. :) They're pretty, and they sound naughty!

 
At 5:27 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Oh Monkeygurrrrrl.....I have so many WIPs. It just looks like I start and finish things fast. Mostly, there are tons o' unfinished projects sittin' in totebags around my house. I just pick up a tote and finish something, unless of course I decide to start ANOTHER project! Oy!

 
At 7:20 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Your friend Rhoda is a lucky lady to be on the receiving end of such great gifts. The flower motif on the shawl is excellent and gives it that extra bunch. I really like the wool. Last month I pick up something similar at Suss Cousins.

 
At 9:16 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

What a great idea for the huge pocket! Love it. Will steal it, if that's OK.

 
At 4:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the scarf. It's so pretty! Would you be able to post the pattern, please?

 
At 8:35 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you shared your FO secret cuz I was beginning to feel pretty overwhelmed here too! Jeez... So the secret seems to be to START lots of projects so that I have many choices of totebags to pick up and finish... K, I can do that... ;)

 
At 11:05 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Anonymous!

If you want the pattern for the rose scarf, e-mail me personally...ellblo@aol.com.
It's a simple double crochet, chain and shell pattern.

Ellen B.

 
At 1:57 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

Love the little felted bag, the color is so rich! Cute dangling flowers on the pink scarf, perfect for spring!

 
At 6:45 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ellen, you're very kind.
=]

Anonymous ~ aka Fiona

 
At 7:43 PM PDT, Blogger Zaz said...

i love the rose scarf also, someone on ravelry wrote that i'd find the pattern here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery