Thursday, April 05, 2007

Granny Along

I'm a member of a new group...the Granny Along blog! There's also a Ripple Along Group. I'm so glad to see these classic crochet patterns embraced by the WORLD of crocheters and knitters. This is really the first time that I've officially joined a "crochet-along" or "knit-along" online group. I always think it's inspirational to work with others while creating an item in common. I've said it before and I'll say it again,

"Granny Squares are the Building Blocks to Fashion."©


There are many granny square instructions, free online. Why don't you join me in the Granny Along?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I love the granny square!

 
At 3:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo...Ellen...I just love granny squares. I've been making granny square purses for a long time. Good luck with the Granny Along!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:38 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You HAVE said it a bazillion times. And what's funny is I'm starting to believe it! Mebbe I'll do a few squares if I'm called into jury duty...

 
At 2:28 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will make one giant one with my left over yarns. Your orange one is beautiful, Ellen.

 
At 5:50 PM PDT, Blogger Alicia said...

I actually have never made a granny square- how square of me! How can I call myself a crocheter? I think it is about time- I'll join the granny along.

 
At 10:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Granny squares and the orange is beautiful.

For the longest time when I was much younger (elementary school age) I thought that was all my Gramma could crochet, then I finally convinced myself she called them Granny squares because she came up with them--I really never saw anyone else crocheting them! Now they just make me smile and think of my Gramma...so thanks for making me smile!

Gramma taught me & my dh some basic crocheting, but I haven't made it quite to the Granny squares yet...someday, though, I'll get there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery