Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Last Weekend

It's a short week....4th of July holiday....my office is taking off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...Woo Hoo!!!
City Yoga on Fairfax, South of Santa Monica Blvd.

The lovely Natalie entered a Yogathon last weekend to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. She talks in detail about it on her blog. Natalie raised over $1,500 money all by herself!!! Larry and I were among her bevy of donors. I stopped by the Yogathon at City Yoga on Fairfax Avenue on Saturday to see how she was coming along. The Yoga studio is on the second floor of this ancient office building at the corner of Fairfax and Santa Monica. It was REALLLLY HOT upstairs! I happened to get there when the yoga-folk were taking their dinner break, so I didn't get to see any posing, just brown-rice-munching.
Natalie does the "happy" pose
Natalie, of course, was glowing after more than 12 hours of yoga. She was supposed to be there until 8am Sunday. I haven't checked in with her to see if she made it for the whole 24 hours. Whatever! She's an inspiration to us all. Congrads, Miss Natalie!
Yoga Glow

On Sunday, I attended the ASKnitters Meet-up at Wen's lovely home in Sherman Oaks. There were six of us. We all brought yummies to share for lunch and yarn to swap. Sorry, I didn't get a photo of everyone (Wen, Marie, Madge, Zoe, Laura), because I'm lazy.
La, Zoe, Madge
OMG! These girls really pulled out the stops in the yarn donation arena. There was Debbie Bliss Cashermino, Colinette, Koigu, Noro and even more fancy schmancy yarn, along with some good old Cascade, Kitchen Cotton, Bernat, etc. It was a yarn-o-ramo-a-go-go!
The fuzzy goodness of the beautiful yarn is obscured by the plastic bags
After everyone chose the yarn they coveted, Wen wrapped up the leftover yarn, books and magazines for donation to Stitches From The Heart. Since I work very close to SFTH, I offered to drop off the yarn. I must confess, I liberated a few more balls of choice stuff from the bag before I left it at SFTH. Thanks to all for such a fun ASKnitters meet-up.
Wen's Faboo Sangria
Divine Lunch
If you're interested in joining our once-a-month group, just e-mail La and she'll add you to our mailing list. Madgik and Marie have more photos on their blogs.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Happy 4th of July weekend!

Hope you're planning on getting into some trouble on your vacation. Drink in a blind pig, dance the charleston, play poker... you know, go wild!

 
At 7:50 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

You think it's hot in L.A., well just come to Bakersfiled! It's sweltering here! It was 110 degrees today! It's even too hot to crochet!

Good luck with your art show.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 11:45 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

It really was a fun afternoon! It was especially nice to see you start right in with a new project from a ball of yarn you picked out of the swap! I'm thinkin' we ought to make the swap a regular part of the gatherings--not every time, but maybe every third or fourth?? My stash needs thinning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery