Monday, July 02, 2007

Completion

We had a really great weekend. I was hoping to complete a few projects that have been waiting in the wings. I did complete my Larger Than Life Bag....almost. I ended up crocheting only eight squares instead of twelve in Raffinesse (a raffia-like poly-vinyl yarn). I decided that an eight-square bag was large enough! I crocheted a bottom portion, joined the pieces and fit the piece over an existing pink tote that I had hangin' around. Now, all I have to do is tack the top of the crocheted covering to the pink tote. I think I will use plastic fishing filament with a very sharp upholstery sewing needle to accomplish this.I'm quite pleased with this bag and will post my results to the Crochet-a-long blog.
I have 8 more squares crocheted in cotton that I'm almost finished with. For this bag, I'm crocheting a lining using Red Heart sturdy acrylic yarn....more to come.
Cotton Squares
Also, more to come about this past weekend, including pix of Natlie and her Yogathon, breakfast at the Mar Vista Bowling Alley Coffee Shop (woo hoo) and Sunday's ASKnitter's gathering!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 4:47 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Nice job!

 
At 4:54 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Your new tote is adorable! And way big enough :)

 
At 9:57 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Gasp! I saw the bag and that's what I did. It's so beautiful!

 
At 10:46 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Great granny you have goin' on!

 
At 11:48 PM PDT, Blogger BellaKarma said...

Ellen, I'm lovin' the granny bag...and totally diggin' your blog! I've "seen" you 'round the blogosphere for a while, and I'm so glad I finally peeked in on your blog... I've been reading it daily for a couple of weeks now. I'm hooked! :)

 
At 1:35 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really really love your bag! That's also a nice square pattern you used.

 
At 6:20 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Lovely! It's quite inspiring. I imagine it will get a lot of use.

 
At 9:50 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I love this bag so much I wished I crocheted! Beautiful. I sat next to you at Madge's house that Sunday. It was great to finally meet you. I've started a blog...I had one 2 years ago (The Knitting Freak)...decided to jump in the game again. I really enjoyed strolling along your blog,
Beth

 
At 6:43 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Looks great Ellen! You think that this may be the beginning of another bag fixation? Your bags are so great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery