Monday, June 18, 2007

Eames Office

On Friday afternoon, I had arranged to meet my friend Ana at Yarns Unlimited in Santa Monica. Of course, I didn't NEEEEED any yarn, but I like to browse. The newly re-located Eames Office is about three doors east of Yarns Unlimited. I love one-stop shopping.
I hadn't been inside the new Eames Office yet. The former location was on Main St., SM. This store is much larger and has big windows....more furniture....more exhibits. Ray and Charles Eames were designers. Read more about them and their designs here. I always find inspiration, walking through the store. In addition to furniture, they offer clothing, accessories, pictures, prints, games, stationery, toys, books, etc.
The shop was buzzing on Friday afternoon in anticipation of a new exhibit in celebration of Charles Eames' centennial year. There will be various exhibits of pictures, plans and other memorabilia on view throughout the summer. You can book tours of the Eames House in Pacific Palisades. They have docent tours once a month. It's a must-see if you are interested in mid-20th century modernism.
After ogling the faboo furniture, etc. at the Eames Store, Ana and I walked down the block to Yarns Unlimited. I'm proud to say that I didn't purchase any yarn. Ana showed me how to crochet her latest lacy stitch. Brilliant!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:01 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You didn't mention whether you managed to control yourself in Eames Office, I noticed...

 
At 4:12 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

What a great furniture store! I'm really starting to appreciate the mid-century modernism.

 
At 5:49 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I wish we had a store like that here! You have some of the BEST places in L.A.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 2:08 AM PDT, Blogger - Miss Sophie said...

Hello,

I saw you on Pico; I had just left Yarns Unlimited! I use your restaurant reviews all the time for date night with my husband.

Love your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery