Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Internet Inspiration

Today I received an e-mail from Elena:

Hi Ellen!

I happened to take part in a craft photo swap at craftster.org and thought how nice it would be to crochet two little cameras for my partner's little daughters... then started surfing the web and checked that you were the only one who had a similar idea! So, having your gorgeous camera as inspiration and with my horrible crochet skills (I learned to crochet just two months ago) I came up with these two bright little versions I have attached to the e-mail. I thought you would enjoy knowing you inspired a Spanish version of the crocheted camera that has travelled all the way up to Kentucky and are now being enjoyed by two kids. I would not have been able to come up with the design without your inspiration. Thanks so much!

Regards,
Elena

Elena's Crocheted Cameras

Elena's little crocheted cameras are adorable! I can't tell you how many times in recent years I've heard from people in far-off foreign lands about crochet and knitting designs. I'm always flattered and happy to have my designs recognized. In addition to ravelry, having a blog and being part of many Yahoo groups has made my world smaller. I've been stopped on the street by people from the U.K., Australia and Brazil who recognize me from the internet. It's amazing to me.

In the spirit of the season, I've decided to go thru my vast storage trunk of knitted and crocheted gift items. If you're coming to our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch tomorrow (Thursday) night, I'll have my bag o' goodies with me. I know everyone is working to finish up holiday gifts. I will be selling these items at a nominal cost. Maybe I can help you out and sell you one of my creations. Feel free to tell Auntie Myrtle that you knit the scarf yourself. I don't mind. Sometimes, I find that I just want to knit up a scarf in a new yarn just to see what it will look like. Often, I don't wear the scarf, or I haven't given it as a gift. I have scarves, shawls, ponchos, handbags and more. This little sale is for locals only....sorry. I don't want to go to the Post Office during the season. You understand.

See you tomorrow night at the WeHo SnB, original Farmers Market, 7-9pm, upstairs dining area.

Below, see just a FEW of my items for sale:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee...what a great idea, Ellen. I wish I lived in L.A. I could use a few more gift scarves right about now!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:31 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Good luck selling your lovelies! They are made with a ton o' love which makes them that much more special.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery