Thursday, October 16, 2008

Knitting Lesson

I came prepared with chunky yarn and wooden needles
One of my goals this past weekend in Idyllwild was to reintroduce knitting to my old friends. I'm an enabler.
As campers and counselors in the old days, we would always sit around and knit. Knitting popularity goes in cycles. During the late 1960's and early 1970's, there was a huge resurgence of everything crafty, including knitting, crochet, macrame, jewelry making, batik and tie-dye, mosaics and more. I never stopped being crafty. I learned to knit when I was seven years old.
Jonde, Knitting at ISOMATA, 1970
Jonde, knitting this weekend in Idyllwild
So, Melissa, her daughter Stephanie and Jonde were my prime targets for a knitting lesson on Sunday. Julie happened to sit down and I gave her a few pointers too! As soon as Melissa, Jonde and Julie sat down with the needles, it all came rushing back to them.
Ellen and Melissa
They were knitting in a matter of seconds! Stephanie was new to the art, but she picked it up in about 5 minutes.
Julie remembered!
This was the easiest knitting lesson I've ever given. Our hostess for the weekend, Carolyn is a knitter too. I suggest we meet up in beautiful Idyllwild again for a knitting retreat!!!

Carolyn is knitting a cotton spa cloth

Jonde, Julie, Ellen, Stephanie

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:07 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The gang is back together and knitting. I love that you were prepared and ready to enable! Lol. What a great place for a knitting retreat.

 
At 2:59 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen...You are so lucky to have long-time friends that you're still in touch with. How nice that you all have knitting in common!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 5:08 PM PDT, Blogger Lulu said...

i wish i was there, i want to learn to knit..i can only do scarves..i would love, love to knit baby hats...i love knitted baby hats...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery