Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FO's and WIP's*

* For the uninitiated, FO's are Finished Objects. WIP's are Works In Progress.
Model Melissa
Last week, I finally finished the February Lady Sweater for my Mom's holiday gift. Over the weekend we were in Idyllwild, so I had my friend, Melissa try on the sweater so I could photograph it. The sweater looks GREAT on Melissa. I hope it looks as good on Mom and that she likes it. Thanks for being my sweater model, Melissa!

I have a million WIP's going right now. I've had to drop everything to work on my Stitch 'n Witch Halloween costume. It's getting more difficult to come up with something clever every year. In the past, our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch group members have always invented the most wonderful costumes. This year's categories for prizes are: Most Original, Best Use of Yarn and Weirdest Super Hero. Here's a sneak peek of my progress:


Please join us at the WeHo Stitch 'n Witch on Thursday, October 30th, 7-9pm at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax in the upstairs dining area.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

The sweater is wonderful, excellent button choice! It's too late for me to do it this year (I have other stuff in the works) but I'm thinking that maybe next year for Christmas I will knit something for my mother using an acrylic yarn and not tell her until after she admits that she loves it! Your mother is very lucky and I'm sure she will be quite happy!

Hmmmm...can I at least venture a guess or two on the costume?

 
At 4:06 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

If I remember your mom correctly (and I'm pretty sure I do), that sweater will look absolutely fabulous on her. :) Strong work!

 
At 7:35 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The sweater looks great. Your mom is going to lovelovelove it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery