Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Couldn't Help Myself!

It was half-price!

I bought a bunch of this gorgeous yarn at half-price at Wild Fiber a few months back. It's been burning a hole in my stash bin. Yes, I have many projects on the needles and hook right now. I am, however, thinking about holiday gifts. I have just enough of this gorgeous tweedy stuff to make a February Lady Sweater for my Mother. Of course, I started it. It's coming along beautifully. The yarn is soft, squishy and beigy....perfect for Mom.

Since my Mother rarely buttons her cardigan sweaters, I decided to make just one buttonhole at the top for some fabulous big button.

On the home-front, the construction crew accomplished quite a bit yesterday. They're digging the trench for the forms to pour the cement. The footprint of the room is huge!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:19 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Oh, I'm familiar with that particular yarn! I picked up some at Liscat in Long Beach a while ago. It is soooo soft & yummy - that sweater will be wonderful I'm sure!

 
At 1:19 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Your FLS looks great in that yarn - I remember spying that with you :)

 
At 2:20 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The yarn on the FLS is working up beautifully. Your mom is going to LOVE it.

That is one BIG foot print in the backyard. Were you too excited when you got home?

 
At 11:41 PM PDT, Blogger LenaL said...

The FLS will be lovely, just as the redish one you did earlier! Yes, I've looked around a bit on your blog now, for the first time. How nice it is, I will be back!

 
At 12:27 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Ooh! Your FLS is going to be gorgeous. Mine is coming along nicely, although I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew, attempting to finish it in 17 days! We'll see :)

 
At 1:12 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Good luck with the big remodeling project! You're a braver person than I am. We've remodeled bathrooms, kitchen, walls, floors, etc., but never added any extension or done anything involving exterior walls.
You'll enjoy it greatly when it's done, I'm sure.

 
At 10:03 AM PDT, Blogger mj said...

It has begun!! Congratulations!! And if you need to escape from the noise and dust, come on by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery