Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Christmas 2009

Yes, I've joined a few Ravelry groups where members are knitting and crocheting NOW for Christmas and Chanukah 2009! One is "Christmas 2009 - Monthly Make Ahead". The other is "2009 Christmas Knitting." I'm going to be prepared this year!
Shawls are the gift for this year for all my female friends. Hopefully, I won't give all of these away for birthday gifts before the December holidays. I'm almost finished with the pinky Seraphina shawl.


I'd already started this "It's Just a Triangle" shawl, using that multi-colored Newton Country sock yarn I purchased at the Torrance Fiber Fest. This was one huge skein of yarn. Half of it was more greeny, the other half more rusty. I crocheted the shawl with the greeny portion of the skein and then trimmed it with the rusty party.

Co-Worker, Jessica and the Newton Country Triangle Shawl


I found the pattern for the trim on the Triangle Shawl in Doris Chan's "All Shawl" pattern. Now, I'm working on the "All Shawl" pattern with the green Araucania Ranco.
Next up: Blue Araucania Ranco...maybe a different pattern.
I have so much yarn that will work for shawls in my stash, that I'm sure I'll be set for shawl giving when December rolls around. Have you started knitting and crocheting for next Christmas?


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:42 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen!

You're a shawl-makin' maniac!! Of course I haven't started knitting for Christmas 2009. I'm still working on Christmas 2008 gifts!!!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:44 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

You are very wise to get ahead! I've got a couple ideas, but I probably won't start producing anything for another month or two at least.

 
At 9:37 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

I'm with Judy and trying to finish my Christmas 08 present (that darned scarf). But I may have to join the group and get some knit presents put away. The early bird isn't stressed out in December. hehe

 
At 12:45 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You're evil. It's too early in the year for me to start feeling inadequate (particularly when I compare myself to a blazin' craftin' fool, like you).

 
At 12:52 PM PST, Blogger jenna! said...

I've started *planning* Christmas gifts. Does that count? My current idea is to start knitting tomorrow...so I guess that puts me a month behind since I've already lost January!

 
At 6:53 PM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

You, my girl, are making me LONG to crochet. Between your Seraphina shawl and your Just A Triangle, I am wanting to try these out in the worst way!!! I am only a rudimentary crocheter and not real good at following a pattern. But I may try anyhow. Thanks for the ideas.

 
At 4:51 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Dudette. Good for you, bein' all official and making gifties NOW. I'd leave a comment like "WHAT? Are you LOCO?" but...I've begun holiday knittin', too. Yeah, me of the holiday knits ban.

Are pigs falling from the sky? Better go check. Nope, no pigs. So I don't know what's in the grape Kool-Aid!

Hope you're staying all warm and toasty this weekend. xoxo

 
At 2:02 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

good stuff!!Shawls and Scarves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery