Friday, February 06, 2009

We All Scream

Peach Ice Cream

I've recently been informed by my new best e-friend, Gale, that the first Saturday of February is Ice Cream For Breakfast Day (ICFBD). The story to the origins of this fabulous holiday is here. I LOVE the story and the reason for the holiday. There are three simple and sacred rules for this holiday: (1) Eat Ice cream; (2) For breakfast; (3) On the first Saturday in February. I'm good with those rules. How 'bout you?
Is there a patron saint for ice cream? I'll be stopping by my fave ice-cream emporium later today in preparation for the big holiday.
Bennett's @ The Original Farmers Market

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:50 PM PST, Blogger Faith said...

Yum!!! Ice cream for breakfast! What kind are you going to get?

 
At 12:52 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fool for ice cream. Or any frozen treat actually. Anytime, anyplace.

Yummy!!!!!!!!!

Christine G.

 
At 1:42 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Glad you're on board with this truly important holiday! We're sticking to espresso chip and oreo cookie ice cream this year, its just family.

 
At 3:28 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

The Sicilian national breakfast is gelato on brioche. If you lived in Sicily you could celebrate this holiday everyday. That my kind of place to live.

Thanks for hipping me to this all important holiday of ice cream. I think I celebrate with jamoca almond fudge or pistachio.

 
At 6:13 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

oh yeah, this is definitely my kind of holiday!

 
At 6:39 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Nothing like ice cream to make you feel young again, and for breakfast, maybe with a nice latte on the side.

 
At 9:46 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kinda holiday, but I had french toast. ;-D I'll have a little ice cream chaser in a bit!

I saw this scarf pattern and thought of you IMMEDIATELY:

http://jessicasuzanne.com/craftypants/2009/01/26/new-york-noro-plaid/

Noro. Plaid. Crochet. It is perfect for you!

 
At 1:02 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lucky me....I worked last night and just awoke at 1 pm.....guess I will go get some ice cream for my afternoon,"breakfast"

 
At 4:08 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I was torn--Coffee or Orange, both of which are breakfasty. I went with Orange, on Toast, with coffee on the side.

Delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery