Thursday, February 05, 2009

Non-Calendar Weekend

Rainy Driveway & Front Yard

Instead of posting the usual events for the weekend today, I'm proposing a non-calendar weekend. I could go to HomeGirl Cafe for the SnB on Saturday from 2-5; I could go to Abuelita's in South Pasadena for their yarn sale, Saturday and Sunday; I could go on an L.A. Conservancy Walking Tour; I could cruise the craft book section and the current film poster exhibit at downtown's Central Library and then go to Clifton's Cafeteria for lunch (which was recently featured in the L.A. Times Food Section) with a quick stop at Michael Levine's; I could hang out at my beloved Original Farmers Market; I could go to the movies; I could go to a few estate sales around town....
OR
I could stay home (especially if it rains in Los Angeles this weekend, as predicted) and work on home improvements, crafts, cooking, etc. I do have a few parties to attend on Sunday, so I must prepare for those.

Secret Completed Project for Sunday

What are your plans for the weekend?

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:47 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ironic. I have the same exact plans (minus the parties on Sunday), given it's (1) the weekend; and (b) my birthday. When I heard the forecast, that just sealed the deal. I can't imagine anything better than being all snug and warm (not to mention SAFE!) in my house with some sticks and string. And History Channel. :)

 
At 2:15 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Happy Birthday, Denise!!! We miss you at the WeHo SnB on Thursdays. When are you coming back?

 
At 3:26 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Yeah when are you coming back?

Happy Birthday wishes too!

This weekend I have one Wizard of Oz play starring one nephew playing the Tinman and one party. Some cleaning up and some knitting.

 
At 5:30 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

I lurve the idea of staying home and working on projects all day! But I'm still on the hook to help with a moving project so we'll see...

 
At 12:31 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning a quiet weekend doing homework. Yep, gonna study like it's 1999. :-P Getting the house in order sounds appealing as well.

I think there may be knitting, as well. :-)And hot chocolate!

 
At 4:42 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Ellen! Don't forget to celebrate Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (1st Saturday in Feb every year). It seems like it'd fit in with all of your choices.

 
At 6:49 PM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

That sounds like a heavenly weekend.

 
At 2:39 PM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

How did you get the mattress stitch embedded into the crochet?

 
At 2:44 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:45 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Chelle...
That's not the mattress stitch. That's a row of red single crochet around the body of the vest. For the following row, I crocheted in the back of the stitch using gray yarn (sc), then crocheted around the edge again using a picot stitch. I like crocheting in the back of the stitch when edging...this maximizes the look of the red without crocheting 2 rows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery