Friday, July 31, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

The Village in Idyllwild
This time of year my mind wanders up the hill to Idyllwild, California. I spent many summers during junior, senior high and early college years at ISOMATA (Idyllwild School of Music and the Arts). I was a camper, then a counselor and art assistant during summer session. Now, the campus is a year-round school.
Camp Couselors, David, Ellen, Sid, 1971

I hadn't seen many of my fellow counselors for years and years, so last summer I started finding old friends (the internets are wonderful). We had a mini-reunion last October and it was fantastic! We all picked up right where we left off 35 years earlier. The friends you make during your formative years are the best and most comfortable to be with. This group of people are my friends for life, even though we don't contact each other that often because of our different paths.

Ellen, Sketching in The Grotto, 1970

I haven't made it up the hill yet this summer. There's a really nice group of knitters and crocheters that I found through Ravelry and met up with last summer. I have to make time to take the short two-hour trip up to Mile-High Idyllwild. The summer is almost over!

More Vintage Photos here.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like revisiting the days of our youth!

 
At 1:03 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

You are the kind of person who makes friends where you go. It is nice to visit friends from long ago.

 
At 2:15 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful youth, Ellen!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:47 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I bet all the boys had crushes on you because you were the pretty and very cool camp counselor.

 
At 11:37 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love the pic of you sketching...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery