Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Diversion

Co-Worker, Jessica Models the Kureyon Sock Shawlette

I always like a little crochet diversion while working on knit projects. I'm still working on my Kasbah Slipover and my Heartbeat Sweater. I was reading crochet designer, Amy O' Neill Houck's blog last week. She showed off a shawlette in Noro Kureyon sock yarn (of which I have a few skeins hanging around). Amy hasn't written the pattern yet, but I sort of figured it out by enlarging her photo. I used a basic "mile-a-minute" pattern to start and then just kept going back and forth in the granny fashion. After using two skeins of yarn, I crocheted a border design found in Doris Chan's "All Shawl." I like the results quite a bit. I see many of these shawlettes in my future!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:53 PM PDT, Blogger Stephknits3 said...

So pretty! I love the colors!

 
At 5:09 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Gawd, that's gorgeous. One day I hope to be as prolific and accomplished as you (not likely, tho).

 
At 9:38 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever -- and cute! How many skeins did it take?

 
At 9:50 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow. It turned out beautiful. I just love the colors. Good job!

 
At 9:59 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Read the post one more time, Marianne and you'll see how many skeins of yarn this project took.

Yeah, I'm snarky today.

 
At 9:43 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! you're right! DUH! thanks!

 
At 11:13 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Dreamy colors. :)

 
At 11:07 AM PDT, Blogger Gabriela said...

Is amazing, beautiful, and... so special color elections!
I think and i feel thats colors like a bit of nostalgic about trees and send full of leaves in autumn, with so peaceful skies and a beautiful things in the mind and heart.

:D (sorry about my english!)

 
At 11:09 AM PDT, Blogger Gabriela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:11 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

That's OK about your English Gabriela. I understand what you're saying.

Yes! Noro yarn has the MOST amazing color combinations. The yarn is the star in this project.

Thanks for the compliments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery