Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Around L.A.

Malibu Pier
We are basking in glorious weather here in Los Angeles. After speaking with a friend back East, I do feel a bit guilty. This is just the very best place to live if you don't like huge weather fluctuations. We can usually count on mild and steady conditions. Thank you, Los Angeles!
Pico Blvd., east of Robertson Original Farmers Market, 3rd & Fairfax
Santa Monica
Here are a few pix I've taken of our fair City. I like ALL aspects of L.A., the beautiful along with the grunge. ..the current along with the forgotten.
Quonset Hut, near Olympic & Barrington

Mosaic House, Venice

Wilshire Blvd., Miracle Mile

Washington Blvd., Culver City

Venice Beach Boardwalk

So, when are coming for a visit?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 4:08 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!

xo
christine g.

 
At 4:26 PM PST, Anonymous Donna said...

Oh I would love a nice warm balmy day right now. It was 22 degrees here this morning when we left for the hospital. I don't think we even made it into the 30's today. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow night. Looking forward to the spring! Love the pics. One of these days I hope to make it to yur lovely city!

 
At 5:04 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

We are very spoiled! Love the photos!

 
At 5:39 PM PST, Blogger Barbara said...

Wish I was there NOW!! We are expecting 6 to 8 inches of snow in the next 12-18 hours. YUK. Thanks for all the lovely pics.

 
At 9:26 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

The weather has been just glorious and the temps are perfect. The beach in January - yipee!

 
At 11:14 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

Nice photos! I really do have to find an excuse to make a So-Cal trip.

 
At 5:26 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!
You're killing me. At least the sun is out on the snow today.I would love to plant my tush at one of those tables at the Farmers Market this morning.

 
At 11:46 AM PST, Anonymous Beth in Austin said...

...and this is why I love your blog!! You totally rock the LA scene Ellen, both past and present! Thanks for the peek into warmer weather!

Beth in Austin

 
At 11:52 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Sweden,Stockholm!
I like reading your blog and I miss LA a lot.It`s a beautifull place - have visit it twice and "lost my soul and heart" for LA.
Planning to visit it again next year on my 50 years birthday 1 of April 2011.
And I am a knitaholiq too! Knit always and everywhere!!!

Tatjana
shnurok_61@hotmail.com

 
At 8:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Andrew said...

My friend (a burned out LA attorney) owns that car with the "oy vey la" license plate!

 
At 9:22 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Andrew! Thanks for identifying the owner of the license plate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery