Monday, April 05, 2010

Baby Stuff

Elena's Springtime Cotton Bib

I've been crocheting baby items recently. Since baby clothes are small, they're fast and satisfying to crochet. Sometimes I need small projects to keep me going.
Yesterday, Easter Sunday, I knew that I was going to run into two babies. Eli is a feisty little 11 month old boy and Elena is about 6 months older and the sweetest and smartest little girl. Babies are messy. Babies need bibs. I crocheted what are essentially cotton washcloths with ties attached. Elena's white, pink, orange and lime green bib matched her outfit perfectly. Eli didn't model his bib for me, but I hope to receive an action photo soon from his folks.
Eli's Cotton BibBaby Eli, contemplating Spring
Yes, babies find me irrestible

A couple of weeks ago I was at an LYS and bought some Dalegarn Baby Ull wool in leaf green and royal blue on sale. I crocheted a little girl's cardigan. This will probably be for my cousin's new grandaughter who is expected to arrive this summer. I will crochet a little hat to match the cardigan.
What have you been crocheting lately?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:23 PM PDT, Anonymous Annika said...

Love those bibs! This baby is a drooler, so I might just have to make a couple of those.

 
At 4:26 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Cute stuff for super cute babies.

 
At 4:33 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

You just know I'm going to copy that bib. I love the sweater too. I'm making another ripple scarf, am about to return to my afghan, and have my first crocheted (baby) sweater in the pipeline. Viva crochet!

 
At 10:26 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bibs are too pretty to mess up!

 
At 4:20 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GORGEOUS sweater. And that Elena. I think she may have stole my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery