Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MosaicGhan


I finally finished Larry's MosaicGhan. I added a very simple double crochet edging in solid royal blue to finish it off. This was a very easy afghan to crochet. It was excellent to work on while watching TV. It's just a bunch of classic granny squares using the "join as you go" method in alternating colors of Bernat Mosaic Yarn. I used the colorways called "Spectrum" and "Ambrosia," size "H" crochet hook. This yarn is great. It’s washable acrylic, but has a very rich look to it. The striping colors have long runs, similar to Noro. Both colorways have lots of blue, giving this ‘ghan a very watery, shimmering look.
Too bad I didn't finish this during the winter. It's perfect for a couch throw.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 3:02 PM PDT, Blogger Sharon Marie said...

Very nice. Using the different sized squares give it a special pizzazz.

 
At 3:05 PM PDT, Blogger Kristi Smart Romantic Fantasy Coats and Clothing. said...

Its beautiful. I love the different sized blocks. Lucky Larry!

 
At 3:40 PM PDT, Blogger Stephknits3 said...

So wonderful and lovely! I will have to try that yarn. :)

 
At 4:18 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

It's beautiful Ellen! I really like the different-sized squares - I will have to try that next time I make a granny-square afghan. Lucky Larry! :)

 
At 5:28 PM PDT, Blogger Barbara said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

 
At 11:42 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

Absolutely fantastic, I will have to purchase some of this Bernat Mosaic the next time that I am in LA (I thought that Bernat was French, but it is not and it is impossible to find this wool in Europe!).

 
At 4:55 AM PDT, Blogger Evelyn said...

You will enjoy this beautiful afghan forever (winter or not!). Love, love, love the colors.

 
At 7:17 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more of a knitter than a crocheter, but I started hooking in earnest a few months ago so I could participate in some potholder swaps. Now I have the urge to make an afghan. (I'm hoping it passes!) I really like the yarn you chose---a good way to get allot of colors without messing with a bunch of ends. The afghan is lovely and inspiring, as is your blog. I may be retiring soon, and am thinking about starting my own blog---there is more history and *stuff* in my little Iowa town than a person would think.

Brenda.

 
At 6:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that turned out lovely! Brilliant idea on using that yarn to get so many different color combos.

 
At 6:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd, it wouldn't let me sign in. -Twilight

 
At 3:42 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

Ellen this is gorgeous...Love the colors of this yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery