Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni Madness

All I got was this lousy box of Kleenex

OMG! The new Missoni designed line of products premiered at Target today! Stores opened at 8:00 a.m. By 6:30 a.m., most L.A. area stores had lines 3 blocks long! I arrived at my "Fedco" Target at 8:10 a.m. I zoomed inside to find throngs of Westside chicks (there's a certain look to Westside chicks) with their shopping baskets piled high with Missoni products. All of the items were swept off the shelves into their baskets. The ladies were bartering in the aisles of the store as to which items they wanted and which ones they would trade.
These Westside Chicks do not normally shop at MY Fedco Target. You can usually find them at the Culver City, Fox Hills or Hollywood Target. WTF were they doing in MY Target, anyway? The nerve!
NOTHING in the Missoni line was on the shelves. I did manage to find a Kleenex brand box with a zig-zag design that resembles a Missoni. Sigh.
All of the Missoni designs looked fantastic. The colors are very bold. I did, however, check out the newest Missoni line on the Neiman-Marcus site. None of these pricier designs were as shockingly colorful as the Target designs. So, Westside Chicks, when you're wearing your new Missoni Target garb, just know that your new outfit is screaming TARGET!!! (Ellen's nose is high in the air).
Checking knit and crochet patterns now to create my own version of a Missoni design!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Lauren Astor said...

Ellen, I think that's the first time I've heard or seen you use the phrase WTF and I LOVE it. Sorry to hear that you had a frustrating morning! I'm sure all the Missoni will be on ebay for sale soon!

 
At 4:16 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yes, Lauren. Even I swear. I know it's not ladylike and I try NOT to do it, but some situations warrant ugly words! Harumph. The Missoni for Target line is already on eBay at inflated prices!

 
At 6:36 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

I have the back issues of Vogue that contain these patterns: coat, hooded sweater and t-shirt. I'd be happy to share them with you.

 
At 7:38 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Naw, they don't usually hit Jefferson (thats where I go), unless they go when the rest of us are working. I would think they'd be frazzled at Fox Hills. I always imagine them @ WeHo or Calabasas...

 
At 10:27 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for the Missoni pattern offer. The one I like best is the COAT. What's your Ravelry name? Mine is ellblo. Friend me and we'll talk! Thanks again!

 
At 11:00 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

Personally I do not like Missoni: it is too much of a status symbol here and sometimes the colours are too loud.
But I have seen sone beautiful and elegant scarves, guess it, on Abbot Kinney!

 
At 8:19 PM PDT, Blogger Sharon said...

Yeah, I say make your own chevron or ripple creation instead of standing in line at Target!

 
At 11:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Target stuff is really awful looking. N-M stuff is sublime.

The news reports I've seen sure look like a lot of people were just in it for reselling.

Christine G.

 
At 5:04 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

No question, it was a WTF situation. It's not missing out on the Missoni but the invasion of shoppers from elsewhere that gets me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery