Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Crafty Saturday

Loop & Leaf Yarn Shop, Santa Barbara

On Saturday I headed up to Santa Barbara to participate in a book signing and trunk show for "Craft Activism." Author, Joan Tapper was in attendance with a few of the items from the book. I was the only crafter there, so I brought tons of my granny square items to show.

Ellen's Granny Extravaganza
Author, Joan Tapper
Crocheter, Bernie and Shop Owner, Celeste

The Loop & Leaf is a darling little shop, just off the main drag in Santa Barbara. They are many luscious yarns, nice people and plenty of places to sit.


Joan and I met at the shop and dropped off all of our yarny stuff. We headed over to Los Arroyos for a yummy lunch before our talk.


From 1-3pm we showed off our wares, talked about and sold copies of the book and demonstrated the versatility of granny squares. We met lots of great knitters and crocheters at the Loop & Leaf. I even ran into an old friend from my music days in L.A., during the early 90's!! It's a small, yarny world!!

Joan, modelling Lisa Anne Auerbach's Sharrow Sweater

When you're in Santa Barbara, be sure to stop by the Loop & Leaf. You'll love it!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

The shop looks so so adorable. Looks like a nice place to live. I love your display of granny goods. It looks like you brought a nice sampling of all things granny.

As a former cyclist I really like that sweater. I just clicked on the link and love the whole ensemble!

I of course will look forward to your trunk show and talk in Los Angeles.

 
At 4:59 PM PST, Blogger Evelyn said...

What a grand time you all had! Loop & Leaf looks like a heavenly shop ... thanks for sharing these great pics.

 
At 8:04 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

The shop is really sweet! Ran into folks from our knitting group at the fiber festival in Torrance. Congrats on having a part in that book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery