Friday, April 06, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday

The Pogorelsky Family, Los Angeles, 1948

I don't know this family , but I LOVE this photo from 1948, courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library Archives. Everyone is dressed beautifully. The women are wearing festive corsages! The little boy in the center looks less than thrilled, but maybe it's because he isn't wearing such fancy clothes as the rest of the family!
Happy Passover and Easter! Tonight at sundown is the beginning of Passover. I wish everyone a joyous celebration.
Just in case the kids get bored during your Passover Seder dinner, they could always use some of the extra matzah to construct a Matzah House!!!

The Matzah House
notice Grandma's favorite candied orange slices?

Of course, Easter is right around the corner. Have you made your Easter bonnet yet? Here's a lovely hat, from C. Dianne Zweig's blog.


No matter which holiday you're celebrating this beautiful Spring day, I hope it's a wonderful one!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM PDT, Anonymous fredde duke said...

being half and half...some of my most fun memories were Seder dinners with my dad being outrageous at his sisters house, offending my uncle...and then Easter at the goys, very surreal and like the Gentile relatives in Annie Hall....nice photo's again Ellen!!!!!

 
At 11:41 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the comment, Fredde!
Boy, do I know about blended families. Very few of my cousins married Jews. Now we celebrate everything at weird times of the year! Oy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery