Thursday, August 07, 2014

Ukulele Class at WORK!


I've been at the same company for 16 years.  I love my job.  I love the people I work with.  It's great to work for a company that is admired. Over the years the office has scheduled many outside activities for employees to enjoy.  The activities usually skew to younger employees.  We've had softball teams, office Olympics, exercise classes, charity events, cookie bake-offs, company picnics, screenings, the holiday party of course and more.  I've participated in a few of these activities, more when I was a new employee.  I saw a flyer sitting in our common area a couple of weeks ago announcing "Beatles Ukulele" classes here at work!  Woo Hoo!  This is a company activity I can really get behind!

The office extra-curricular activity of my dreams!

So far, we have about 8 interested players.  Some are new to the uke and a few are amateur players like me.  The classes will be held once a week in our office screening room.
The Screening Room is Sound-Proofed.  Perfect for beginning uke class!

There's an app for a uke tuner called "Ukulele Companion."  The Guitar Tuner app has a ukulele section too.  Both are  free.  There are also tons of ukulele Beatle song sites online. 


I know the chords to a few Beatles song on the uke.  There are many in Jim Beloff's books, "Daily Ukulele, Parts 1 and 2" that I've played in other group classes.


I'll probably be the only player in the class who was around when these Beatle songs were released.  LOL.

My current uke of choice

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM PDT, Blogger janeray1940 said...

Ukulele and Beatles, two of my favorite things all at once! And at work?? Just call me green with envy.

And if you haven't already done so - check out our version of Eleanor Rigby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGsMd54d5BQ&list=UU5rh_i-MPkvdnPuUVT_lFLw

:)

 
At 2:59 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I KNOW! Marielle, maybe you should apply for a job over here? LOVE the "Eleanor Rigby" performance, as well as the Xmas songs!

 
At 4:33 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

That is so perfect - lucky you! Make me a copy of the music, if you can!!

 
At 10:21 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

I received a ukulele as a Christmas gift last year because I expressed a desire to maybe learn how to play it. It's a baritone uke, which I guess has chord fingerings like the first 4 strings of a guitar.

I haven't made much progress learning chords though. I think I need to sign up for a class or something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery