Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Yeah, this is a thing.  Throw Back Thursday.  Better known as #tbt.  Here's a definition from the innernets: 
Throwback Thursday is the name of a weekly social media posting theme that users participate in as part of a very general "throwback" activity for posting content. In this case, the "throwback" theme can pertain to basically anything that happened in the past.
On Thursdays, anyone can participate in the Throwback Thursday trend by posting content (usually a photo) on social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to remember a past event. Photos can be from years ago or from just a few days ago. There aren't really any limitations, and even though it can be fun to participate, it really just gives people an excuse to post more.
Westwood, 1974

OK.  So, here's my excuse to post today.  This is a photo from Summer, 1974, taken at the home of Muriel and Gerald Blankfort, dear friends of our family. This was just before my FIRST wedding. Muriel hosted a bridal shower and luncheon for me at their home in Westwood.  It was a recipe shower.  Each guest gave me their favorite recipe along with the proper kitchen items to cook the recipe.  To my delight, I received loads of Pyrex casserole dishes, most I'm still using today!
I still wear that kerchief and various pieces of jewelry.  The pantsuit is long gone.  I wish my hair still had all that wavy body, curl and thickness!  Ahhh...the Farrah-Hair years. #tbt

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM PDT, Blogger ES said...

Love this photo!!

 
At 3:33 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, ES. This is one of my fave photos from the past too.

Ellen B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery