Thursday, January 15, 2015

South Bay vs. Elise

Many South Bay Shawlettes

There are two shawl patterns that I've crocheted many times.  One is the South Bay Shawlette, the other is Elise Shawl.  Both are free patterns on Ravelry with easy-to-read charts.  They are extremely similar.  The South Bay is less of a deep triangular shape than the Elise.  I like them both.  These are my go-to patterns for quick gifts.  Each pattern has a two-row pattern repeat that is easy to memorize.  The border edging can be changed-up from simple to fancy.
Many Elise Shawls

I tend to scrunch-up my small shawls and wear them like scarves around my neck.  Using a fingering weight yarn and a size "F" or "G" hook for either of the shawls results in a beautiful, drapey neckerchief!

My latest South Bay is crocheted with various colors of Koigu KPPM yarn

Right now, I'm working on a South Bay in worsted weight yarn, using a size "K" hook!  It's huge and holey!  Chunky is IN for 2015.  I love it!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy to be an owner of one of these beautiful shawls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery