Monday, June 08, 2015

Faboo Falafel!

Keith, Shayne, Ellen, Larry.  Sherman Oaks

Shayne and Keith are in town, visiting from New Mexico. Shayne and I have been friends since high school. We always try to see each other when she comes to town. Naturally, I suggested a few restaurants where we could meet. Our default restaurant is Carnival in Sherman Oaks. Shayne says that good Middle Eastern food is somewhat lacking in the Albuquerque area.

We love Carnival Restaurant. It's located at the back of a strip mall on Woodman, just north of Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. The food is more than plentiful, fresh and really delicious. We ordered the appetizer plate which has felafel, humus, baba ganough, tabooli salad, pita bread and assorted pickles.
Combination Appetizer Plate

Shayne ordered the Shawarma plate, Keith ordered chicken Shawarma, Larry and I split the lamb chop dinner. Those lamb chops were peppery, tender and yummy.
Beef Shawarma Plate

Chicken Shwarma Plate

Dinner Salad

Lamb Chop Plate

We had a really great time just yakking. I gave Shayne a mini-crochet lesson and she gave me two big bags of her homemade mandel bread.  OMG! The mandel is divine. We froze one of the bags to enjoy later (probably tomorrow).
I always like visiting with my besties. I just wish we all had MORE time to hang out and go on field trips together. Shayne and Keith are very popular and get booked up when they visit L.A. Until next time, my friends!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM PDT, Blogger Carol Starr Schneider said...

Best place - total yum!

 
At 3:32 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I so agree, Carol! What it lacks for in atmosphere it more than makes up for it in the flavor of the divine food!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery