Thursday, October 27, 2005

Plain or Frosted?

I go to the Original Farmers Market quite a bit. We live right down the block, so I think of it as my personal outdoor patio. Last night Larry and I were there with our regular Wednesday night dinner group: Perky Amy, Bored Robbie, Inquisitive Stuart and Engrossed Joan W. You can tell that the Market is setting up for it's Fall Festival as well as other Halloween related events. I believe that Bob's Coffee and Doughnuts at the east end of the Market has the best freshly baked doughnuts in the City. We couldn't decide last night between plain or frosted, so we got both!

There are tons of Halloween and Dia de Los Muertos events happening this weekend in Los Angeles. My friend, artist Tony de Carlo is loaning slides of his many Day of the Dead paintings to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery at Gower and Santa Monica. On Saturday night, these slides will be projected on a huge mausoleum wall, people will set up altars to their dear and departed ones, and there will be music performances. Also, just outside the Petersen Automotive Museum on Saturday at around noon there will be the world's longest hearse procession. It starts at Fairfax and Wilshire, continues east down Wilshire to La Brea, then heads west back to the Museum. I'll be on that parade route with my camera!
Come back tomorrow for photos of our Stitch 'n Witch!!! Happy Pre- Halloween

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

I just love how the Original Farmers Market looks exactly the same as it did 15 years ago despite the dramatic changes all around it. When I was in high school I worked at Thee's Bakery (the Alligator coffeecake is to die for), Dupar's, Littlejohn's Fudge Shop (mmmm fudge), and Mrs. Fields. I had a huge crush on the nephew of the butcher over by Dupars. I would stare at him from the Littlejohns Annex shop that is no longer there. Ahhhh, memories.

 
At 2:50 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Julie!
WOW! I didn't realize you were such a Farmers Market regular! Hopefully, the F. Mkt. will never change and only get better with age. It is the vortex of Los Angeles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery