Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Silly for Sally

Once I knit or crochet a pattern and it turns out well, I make it over and over again. I've crocheted the Seraphina Shawl several times. I've made tons of roll-brim and crusher hats. My house is full of granny square items.
I first made Sally Melville's "Shape It" Scarf from her "Book 1 - the Knit Stitch" a couple of years ago. It's a quick knit, perfect for gift giving. So, after just finishing the pink and lime scarf along with the aqua one for my cousin Myrna, I decided to whip up two more. One will be for my Mom's b-day this weekend. I'll probably give my Mom the one made from Lion Brand's "Incredible Ribbon." I might just keep the cotton one knitted from Luxor Plus D.K. by Filatura Lanarota (purchased at Smiley's Yarn). Below is the lovely Natalie, in her best Jackie O. impression, modelling the aqua scarf.
Looking forward to the WeHo SnB this Thursday, 7-9pm. We always have lots of attendees during the summer at the Original Farmers Market. Why don't you join us?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:30 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ellen! I can't believe how prolific you are! What size needles are you using for these Sally Scarves?

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:31 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Judy,
Well, if you knit for at least 5 hours a day, you can get a lot accomplished! I've been kntting these Sally Scarves with size 10 or 10-1/2 needles....very quick knit!

 
At 5:06 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Oh how I wish I were there!! :)

Your scarves look great!

 
At 5:43 PM PDT, Blogger Lynda said...

Hi Ellen,
You are truly an inspiration. I saw your pictures and am almost finished with a Sally scarf. It's for a 50th birthday for a cousin. Hope she loves it as much as I do. I used size 10 needles and saw that you used circular ones. Next time , I'll try that so that the yarn doesn't get so bunched up. Any hints?
Thanks,
Lynda

 
At 6:46 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Lynda,
Thanks for the compliments. Your cousin will love her Melville scarf. I've made so many of them; I wear them all the time. One secret I do have....if you knit one out of 100% acrylic, be sure to steam it like crazy....really iron it out and flatten it. This will give the scarf a beautiful drape.

Enjoy!

Ellen B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery