Thursday, November 16, 2006

Argyle Crochet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crocheted Argyle from the 1970's
One of my Sisters in Crochet, Alicia, asked me if I knew of a crochet recipe for the argyle pattern. I have hundreds of old knit and crochet books and magazines at home, so I started going through them. I thought, for sure, I had one! All I could find was a pattern for the "Persian Crosses" in this great old crochet sweater book by Sylvia Cosh. The Persian Crosses are beautiful, but not really a typical argyle pattern.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Persian Cross Pattern by Sylvia Cosh

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, I started looking online and found Leisure Arts Book #284 for sale that appears to be from the 1970's. Of course, the actual recipes were nowhere to be found online. I suppose you get what you pay for!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Leisure Arts #284

It looks to me that the Leisure Arts argyle pattern is merely crocheted diamonds with top-stitching done after the diamonds are worked for the cris-crossed lines. What's your expert opinion? Inquiring minds NEED to know. Hey Faith, Sara-1, Drew, Pam G.? Do any of you have a pattern for crocheted argyle?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen dear, thank you so much!!

 
At 5:56 PM PST, Blogger Sara said...

The bokk, Candy Blankies, by Candi Jensen, has a crocheted argyle baby blanket. But you're right in that it is just crocheted diamonds with top-stitched lines.

 
At 7:16 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Yep, Candi Jensen's Candy Tots has some faux argyle patterns, too - some sweaters, vests, a blanket and the top of a dress - but they use top stitching, too. My vintage booklets yielded nothing except some scary clown dolls I'd forgotten about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery