Thursday, September 06, 2007

In a Heartbeat!

Oh Yeah...when I see a pattern that inspires me, I need to try it out...in a heartbeat...fast! WELLLLL, awhile back I saw the Heartbeat Sweater on Ellene's blog. G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S! When I clicked on Ellene's link to the pattern, I was glad I saw the sweater first on her blog. Her color combos and photography are so much more inspiring. Then I clicked around a bit and found some other examples. I had to try this pattern. I was sure I could find some yarn in my stash to whip it up.

So, I pulled out some colorful Homespun in Halloween--Thanksgiving colors and started stitchin'. I love variegated yarn, but horizontal stripes aren't too flattering for my figure-type, so when the pattern for the Heartbeat started to emerge, I was happy to see such a grand diagonal! I'm done with the front, have decided to knit the back differently, so the sweater will fit better. One of these days I'll finish up and wear my Heartbeat over my heart!

Thanks for the inspiration, Ellene!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:10 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Wow, Ellen! This is looking gorgeous! It'll be done tonight, right?

 
At 4:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are just great, Ellen. The orange is so striking and will look great on you.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:33 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ciao Ellen,

Busy as usally I see. Is Larry ever going to get that sweater? Excited about Pinkberry but it doesn't really compare to gelato!

 
At 9:11 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Yowza. That's a wild orange you've got there! (is there such a thing as a sedate orange?) You're gonna have an outrageous FO in no time!

 
At 9:18 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hmmmm...I have some of that yarn too. We are such orange-y friends.

 
At 4:46 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Truly amazing how different that looks in your yarn choice--the pattern is so sedate and, dare I say, bor-ring?--but you've given it a punch in the chops and it's going to be fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery